Dr. Christine Carter is the Associate Professor of Single Reeds at Memorial University’s School of Music in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. She has the privilege of working with an outstanding studio of clarinetists and saxophonists, with students who have come to Memorial from across North America. Graduates of Dr. Carter’s studio have been accepted into competitive Master’s and Doctoral programs in Canada and the United States, and have won various awards at local, provincial, and national levels.
Interested in auditioning for Memorial’s Single Reed Studio?
Single Reed Studio Visiting Guest Artists
- Mark Nuccio, Principal Clarinet, Houston Symphony Orchestra; Clarinet Faculty, Northwestern University and University of Houston
- Quasar Saxophone Quartet
- Marie Picard, Orchestre Symphonique de Québec and Québec Conservatoire (retired)
- Dr. Sean Rice, Clarinetist, National Arts Centre Orchestra
- Dr. Karem Simon, Single Reed Professor, University of Prince Edward Island
- Dr. Robert Riseling, Clarinet Professor Emeritus, Western University
- Dr. Paul Cohen, Saxophone Faculty, Manhattan School of Music, Rutger’s University, New York University, Queen’s College
- Ken Fornetran, Expert Woodwind Repair Technician
Christine is actively involved in performance psychology research, focusing on how musicians can be more effective on stage and in the practice room. Her research has led to article commissions from a variety of publications and invitations to give workshops at institutions around the world.
Or write to…
Memorial University of Newfoundland
School of Music
Attn. Dr. Christine Carter
MU-2000, M.O. Morgan Bldg.
7 Phelan Road
St. John’s, NL A1C 5S7